Commence operation child endangerment
So we’ve been binging the hit Netflix show “Stranger Things” in our house.
(Don’t worry, only a few minor spoilers…)
It’s SO awesome for so many reasons!
First of all, the characters are all so uniquely weird in their own wonderful way.
And there’s a FABULOUS copywriting and marketing lesson in that.
Yes, the show is about a bunch of scary monsters doing scary things. There are lots of great moments of tension and suspense and cliffhangers.
But I believe this show is so successful because we can’t wait to see how each of the characters will react and adapt to the situations they find themselves in.
It’s hard to pick a favorite character… but I’d have to say that Erica is my #1.
She’s the spunky little 10-year-old who’s dripping in all kinds of attitude.
Every time she speaks, she steals the scene. And she’s got some of the best one-liners I’ve heard in a long time.
Here are a few of my favorites.
1. When Dusting and the gang try to convince her to help them out, she makes her self pretty clear.
2. When Dustin tries to guilt her into helping them because it's her patriotic duty. "Don't you love America?" he says.
3. Once she get's through the tunnel and opens the secret door. She's ready to cash in her chips... or scoops.
4. When she decided she needed a little protection against the bad guys.
5. And my all time favorite... "Commence Operation Child Endangerment."
So, do YOU want to start getting the kind of attention in your business that Stranger Things is getting?
Here's your assignment...
Go watch Stranger Things season 3. Well, watch all of the seasons if you haven't seen them yet.
As you do, notice how different and how fun each of the characters is.
Then, the next time you write an email or a social media post or any other kind of copy to your list, put on your inner Erica and show some personality.
Nobody wants to open or read another boring, bland, vanilla, delete-worthy email.
Go forth and do thou likewise!